Friday, May 22, 2009

Inspection Day

Well the day did not end as I had hoped. It looks like Tuesday could be the day I just need the strength to make it until then :) Who knew building your dream home could be so trying (well everyone seem to know this info but us)

However I think that this experience has been a good one for my family, marriage and myself. This past year I have learned how to raise a baby boy in a not so normal setting and it seems to be going well. (no well enough to make this our forever home) As for my marriage Tim and I have been presented with a lot of challenges and I think for the most part we handled them well. I do have to be honest it may of taken a couple of retakes to get the reaction God was looking for, but I think that we finally got there. I feel that the house is not the only thing that we gained in this experience. We have become closer and stronger as a couple. Now don't think that we did not fight and but heads because we did and we still do. However we are there for each other now in a way that we weren't before.

Once we sold our home things started to fall apart and we felt like our dreams had been crushed and we were really starting to question how things were going to turn out. I know that doesn't seem odd but we were trying to come up with a solution ourselves and I think that is why this process took as long as it did. It was not until we had reached our breaking point (so we thought) and we threw our hands in the air and asked for help. That next day this wonderful man (friend of my aunt) who we never had met said hey I will build your house free of charge. So man can you say miracle!!!! Tim and I learned that we are there for each other no matter what, but just the two of us are not enough.

And as for myself I have had to learn to accept that my plan A, B, C etc. are just that they are mine not God's. I was spending all this time planning and I failed to let God in on the planning process. Through this experience I have realized that things can always change and that I need to try and make the most out of what I am given because there is a purpose even if I can't see it right away. To be honest when I found out I was going to have a baby I never planned on spending the first year of his life in a one room place, but that is how things worked out. And I was so focused on what I didn't have and couldn't do during his 1st year that I missed so much. This has in a way made me a strong mom (not perfect). Children are so unpredictable at times and I feel that with all of these ups and downs I am more away of this.

I would like to think that I could of learned all this by just listening in church, ABF, growth group and/or quiet time, but I think that going through all of this was the only way. And really things could of been worse and I am thankful that our biggest challenge of the year was this house stuff.

God is an awesome God and I am so thankful for all that his has done. He has blessed me in so many ways and I pray that I can one day be the kind of person that had planned on me being.

3 comments:

  1. It takes courage to really share your struggles like you have. I know you can finally see the light at the end of this long tunnel, but I'm glad that you can also see how God has used this to strengthen you, your marriage and your role as a Mommy. You guys are an encouragement to others. We're still praying that things move quickly and you all get in that new house soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to everything Haley said. I really couldn't say it any better... God has totaly used this for His glory and to strengthen you. And this too shall pass! I'm sure one day you will look back on this time and laugh your face off! :~) You are an amazing and strong woman Stacey Watson and I admire you in so many ways! Hang in there...

    "So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy." -John 16:22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey - I third everything just said by Cassi and Haley. You are an awesome mommy and an awesome lady. I know God has already used you as an encouragement in my life and he will continue to do so in the lives of others! Soon enough you'll be in your beautiful new home with so much space you won't know how to handle it! We're praying for your a quick move for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete