Monday, March 14, 2011

3-2-1

Right after I had Rylee the weight was just falling off. It was so exciting to see those numbers dropping and dropping. Then one day the number stopped changing and then it started going up again. Once this happened I knew it was time for a diet. So a couple of weeks after that realization Tim and I decided to do the Slim Fast 3-2-1 diet.

This is not my favorite diet but it is a easy diet that I can fit into my current schedule. Being a mom of 2 is hard work and since being home I decided to start a side business so I am always doing something. With this diet I know exactly what I can eat and if I need to I can get creative to spice it up.

The diet: For breakfast and lunch I eat a meal replacement bar. This was a hard concept for me to grasp. I have always been a big breakfast eater. So when I found out all I could eat was this tiny bar I almost quit the diet before we started it. But knowing that I am larger then I would like I decided to give it a try. It turns out the bars aren't that bad. Tim makes fun of me for taking so long to eat a bar. My view on it is if its a meal then it should at least take you the time it would to eat a actual meal.

Throughout the day you get 3- 100 calorie snacks. One after breakfast, after lunch and then after dinner. So you better believe the pantry is stocked with all kinds of 100 calorie snack options. Tim and I need to have the options or we will talk ourselves into a trip to sonic :) Most days I find my boiling fresh veggies just so I can have quantity. I know I am weird but I sometimes just need to see more food on the plate.

Then you get get one 500 calorie meal a day. This seemed like a challenge at first, but Tim and I got creative. We decided it was easier and cheaper to buy those pre-made family frozen dinners and measure out what we could eat. This keeps us from having to buy a ton of stuff and ending up with leftover we can't eat. I know home cooking is better, but lets get real this chic wants to get skinny.

We started this diet March 14th and since then Tim has lost 6 pounds and I have lost 5. I would love to share my weight with everyone, but I am not so proud of this size. At this moment I am the largest I have ever been and that needs to change. Once I lose some more weight I will start exercising. I know that sounds backwards, but its just how it is. I can't stand to workout being this big. Things ache, bounce and it just isn't fun. So wish me luck I hope to be able to post more weight loss Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment