Wednesday, April 27, 2011

big brother to the rescue

Max loves Miss Rylee so much that he is willing to do anything to protect her.

When I got home from work today Max wanted to go outside and blow bubbles. While we were outside I noticed Rylee had some ear wax in her ears so I decided to get it out. I laid Rylee down in my lap to get a better view of her ears and she wasn't happy about this. She decided to voice her dislike really loud. Max came running over very concerned. He told me Rylee was hurting and to stop making her cry. I explained to him what I was doing and that she was fine. Once I was done calming Max down I continued to get the ear wax. Well Rylee was not happy and got louder and louder. Max came running back over to me to check on her, but this time he decided to physically protect his sister. He kicked me in the leg and yelled stop hurting my baby sister. I found this act to be so sweet it kept me from getting mad that my son just kicked me.

I explained to him that I would never hurt him and Rylee and that sometimes babies cry. Once he was calm I then explained that he could not just kick me and that it hurt my leg. Max is so sweet he said he was sorry for kicking, but he doesn't like it when Rylee cries.



Max is an amazing brother and Rylee is so blessed to have a brother like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment