Saturday, December 19, 2009

my baby is growing up!!!

Today my little guy is a year and a half. It is hard to believe that my sweet little 6lb 10oz bundle of joys is walking, talking and dancing =)

As I sit here and type this he is fast asleep on me and I am loving the sound he makes as he sleeps. And the look on his face is just to die for. His chubby cheeks all smushed up and his lips puckered, o this kid is soooooo cute. Even though his a year an a half today he looks just the same, sleeping, as he did when he was first born. This little guys has stolen my heart and I am 100% ok with that =)

I cannot believe how much he has changed. This time last year he could not even sit up by himself and he was still getting most of his food from a bottle. Now he is chasing Dixie around the house, telling us when he has poop poop and requesting the BOOM BOOM sond sh he can do his dance. He is getting so big and so independent. Max will let you know if he wants milk or juice, cookie or cheese and when he has a wet or dirty diaper. His newest thing is when he want Timmy or i and we don't answer him by the 2nd momma or dadad he then says momma or dada in a low monster like voice. It is weird and cute all at the same time. And whatever Tim and I say Max tries to repeat it. He is our little parrot!!!

This little guys has brought so much joy into my life!!! I can not remember what I worried about, thought about and looked forward to before Max was born. Don't get me wrong I had a great life pre Max, but its like the moment I held my sweet baby all of that was erase from my memory. He feels me up with so much joy and love!!! I never knew I could love someone this much. The love that a mommy has for her sweet son is a wonderful thing that just makes you all tingly inside. And when he gets a bump I have to be strong and tell him to dust it off, but really i just want to scoop him up and take all the pain away. I always thought it was silly when i would see moms kiss their kids' ouches, I mean really how does that take the pain way??? But I now know the power of a mom kiss. Max fell and bumped his head really good and as he was sitting on my lap crying his eyes out I kissed his head and he stopped crying and gave me a hug. From that point on he asks me for kisses every time he gets hurt.

It still makes me smile every time I look at him and I see the wonderful blessing that God has but in my life. The love that I have for my sweet Max is something that can't be put into words. As he grows up I will spend my life showing him and telling him what a blessing he is and how much we love him. O my i am starting to cry. I still can not believe the amount of love i have for him. Thank you Lord for blessing me with this sweet angel we call Max!!!!




My sweet MAX 1 week old



Proud momma with her sweet Max


O my he is holding his bottle on his own . . . he doesn't need his momma anymore =(



Big Boy walking around in dada's boots!!!

1 comment: