Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Trip to Labor and Delivery

Around 7:30 I mentioned to Timmy that it had been awhile since I felt Rylee move, but we really didn't think much of it. I decided I would go and take a shower and see if that helped any. Then I got Max dressed for bed. Once all that was done I still didn't feel anything so I laid on the couch hoping that she would start bouncing around. Normally at this time of the night I swear she puts in a Tae Bo DVD and goes to town. Well this night was different. It did not matter what side I laid on or how much I poked her she was not moving. At this point it had been over an hour and I was stressing. Tim called the hospital and they said to try everything we had already tried and then they suggested drinking a large glass of ice water. I have never downed a glass of ice cold water like I did tonight. Then we waited about 10 or 15 minutes and still nothing. By now my mind is going to the worst case and I am tearing up, so Tim tells me we are going to the hospital. Tim called his parents and they came over to watch Max while we raced to the hospital.

Once we got to the ER it seemed like it took forever for them to get me in the system. It is so odd that you come in because your baby is not moving yet they find it necessary to make you sit and fill out info for 10 minutes. While we were answering questions and watching the nurse type the info in we heard the doctor ask the nurse can the lady next door get up and walk over her. The nurse simply responded no she can't because she has a screw coming out of her leg. At this point I am feeling a little frustrated and I just want them to take me to labor and delivery where everyone wears pink and they try and make you feel better.

Finally all the paper work in entered and now I have my fancy hospital bracelet. The nurse tells us to go through the doors on the other side of the room and she will meet us there to take us to labor and delivery. So we go through the doors and wait. After about 5 minutes we start to stress and then doors open and a different nurse tells us Oh I was waiting for you at the wrong door. Needless to say I am not feeling very comforted at this point. As the nurse is bring the wheel chair for me to sit in a random, not nurse lady, walks by and says I can take her to labor and delivery. The nurse says ok, then the random lady tells the nurse I think she can walk we don't need the wheel chair. Tim starts to argue the issue, but I tell him its fine I just want to get Rylee checked out. I think the real reason is the random lady had a fresh coffee and she didn't want to give it up to push the wheel chair.

After what seemed like a long walk I was finally at Labor and Delivery. They quickly took me back to a room and had me change so they could monitor me. My stress level is going down a little but I still needed to hear the heart beat. I quickly changed close and got into the bed ready to be hooked up to monitors. After exactly 12 minutes, and I know this for a fact, the nurse came in to hook me up to some machines and ask me some questions. Really 12 minutes you would think since there is a chance that something major could be wrong that they would move a little faster. Within seconds of being hooked up we heard the heart beat and it was strong. This time my tears were tears of joy and thankfulness. I have never been so scared in my life. The thought of anything going wrong with my sweet Rylee just made me fall to my knees and pray.


My sweet Rylee's heart beat!!!

One happy Momma!!!

As a mom you want to know that you can fix anything and make your kids better. However, at on this night I was so helpless. This was a real lesson in knowing that the Lord has the power. All I could do is pray that he had his hands wrapped around my angel.

WOW this girl isn't even here yet and she is giving me gray hair. However I haven't even met her yet, but she is worth all the stress and bed rest :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad everything is okay!!! That is such a scary feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCARY!!! Glad everything is okay! That baby girl is high maintenance..watch out! =)

    ReplyDelete