Wednesday, November 10, 2010

65 days left

As many of you know I am a planner. I like to get as much stuff done earlier when preparing for holidays, parties and well having babies. When I was pregnant with Max I thought I was ahead of the game, but really I was so far behind. It took me months to feel like I was caught to where I needed to be as a mommy of a new born. So this time I am really trying to think of everything. I realize there will be surprises and hiccups along the way, but if I plan for as much as I can now then maybe there will only a small amount of surprises and hiccups.

I think the fact that she is almost here has really started to sink in this week. My ability to get a good nights rest has gone missing. Yesterday I was almost up for a full 24 hours, because I for some reason just had to get the laundry and dishes done. Then I needed to think about my to do list. Finally my hubby turned off all the lights and tv and said go to sleep. After a few minutes of watching him sleep I was able to drift off myself.

Once I wrote down my to do list I thought I would feel better, but boy was I wrong. After seeing everything I have to do covering 2 pages of notebook paper I am starting to get nervous. I know I have 65 days, but that doesn't seem like a lot of time. So many things are filling up my time with the whole bed rest thing lurking, going to the doctor weekly since Rylee wants to be a DIVA already, my contraction meds leave with no energy, my two year old would still love to have play time with his mommy and my hubby is busy with work and most of the house stuff.

People always say everything will get done don't stress, but I am a chubby, sleep deprived, hormonal preggo so not stressing is not in my ability at this time.

Here is my to do list (please feel free to make any suggestions for things I might of left off or forgot!)

Before Rylee Gets Here
1. Make Welcome Home sign for Rylee
2. Buy the last 4 or 5 gifts on my Christmas list
3. wrap the last of the Christmas gifts
4. Finish the oil paintings for Rylee's room
5. Buy cookie and cake mix so I can have treats for when people come to the house to see Rylee
6. buy Christmas outfit for Rylee just in case she comes early
7. look up car seat cover
8. email mom car seat cover link
9. wash and put breast pump together
10. Make sure there are diapers and wipes in the down stairs bath, nursery and in our room
11. borrow glider
12. make sure I leave detailed plans and instructions for sub at work
13. plan out new born pics
14. shop for props, clothes and bows for new born pics
15. plan first family photo
16. pick out clothes and props
17. Plan out my mommy and Max date which will happens 3 to 4 days after coming home
- plan the food for the living room picnic so Tim can go to the store
- plan a craft project to do
- Schedule a time for someone to come and watch Rylee upstairs while I am on my date
18. Finish packing the bag for the hospital
19. Wrap Max's gift from Rylee and pack it in hospital bag
20. clean all her clothes
21. pick out and pack for clothes and bows for the hospital
22. clean all the crib and pack n play sheets
23. set up the pack n play down stairs
24. set up the bassinet up stairs
25. set up the swing down stairs
26. set up the swing upstairs
27. deep clean her room
28. organize her closet
29. get the bath stuff set up in the kids' bathroom
30. organize baby cabinet in kitchen
31. wash all the baby blankets
32. set up arrangements for Max while I am in the hospital
33. confirm arrangements for max once every week from 35 weeks on
34. lay out or pack Max's clothes for the time I am in the hospital
35. Shop for and pack snack for the hospital
- snacks for Max
- snacks and drinks for Timmy
- snacks for visitors who come to the hospital and to the house
36. start working on thank you cards
37. deep clean whole house no later than 34 weeks pregnant
38. Do a final walk through of house and nursery checking everything no later than 35 weeks

The Day Rylee Is Born
1. Buy a newspaper with that days date
2. Schedule us for the January parent dedication at Church if she comes before New Years
3. schedule Rylee's first doctor visit with Becky
4. schedule family photo time with photographer
5. Write my letter to Rylee about meeting her for the first time

No More Then 3 Weeks After Rylee Arrives
1. order birth announcements no more then 2 weeks after delivery
2. Confirm time with photographer the day before session is scheduled

I am sure this list will go, but for now here is what I have left to do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- TIM WATSON you stole the words out of my mouth...your wife is a NUT! Girl- enjoy this time and stop with the list making...everything will be just fine! Let me know if I can do any of those things and I will be right over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, I think you should shorten your list this way: buy and wrap Christmas presents, love Max a lot before Rylee gets here, love Max and Rylee a lot after she gets here, love Tim a lot all the time, lighten up and let the details slide. As one compulsive to another, I can tell you that letting go of the details is hard (after all, you have a reputation to uphold!), but I'm learning in my old age that your kids and other people who love you don't really care or sometimes don't even notice that you've made everything perfect (snacks for guests, etc.).

    ReplyDelete