Monday, November 15, 2010

potty time

Potty Training Time

Max is starting to get to the age when we wonder is it time to potty train or is it to soon? For Max's 2nd birthday we bought him a singing potty to see if that would get him interested in the concept, but it didn't. Then we though hey lets get him some fun undies that should do the trick. Nope all of those were a failure. So we have been gradually putting the big boy underwear on him to see what he thought. He was always ok with them at first, but then he would bring a me diaper and tell me I needed to change him.

This weekend was a little different. I got the underwear out and he seemed excited with the thought of putting them on. When we put them on him we told him we would take him to get ice cream the minute he uses his big boy potty. I spent all morning asking him if he needed to use the potty and he would try and nothing would happen.

Playing on the iphone to pass the time!!!

Reading the toy ads and telling knock knock jokes to himself.
Well after sitting on the potty for 15 minutes he said mommy I think its broke. After I was done laughing I helped him put his underwear on and we went to play. No more then 2 minutes after getting off of the potty he had an accident. At first he was a little concerned, but I told him its ok and we changed clothes. About an hour later he had a small accident and took off running to the bathroom. The whole way there he is yelling I need to potty I need to potty. Once he sat on the potty I went to clean up the mess. All of the sudden Max starts screaming Mommy the potty is sing to me. I run in there to make sure he is still sitting and he is laughing and singing with the potty. It turns out he really did need to potty and when he did the musical potty played a celebration song for him. Once the mess was cleaned up and Max had new clothes on we sent Timmy a text to share the good news. Since he was at a wedding I asked Max if he was ok with waiting for daddy to get home before we go and get ice cream. He smiled and said yes. So we spent the rest of the night running to the bathroom, having accidents and cleaning up the floor until Timmy got home. Right as Timmy walked in Max yelled, "you bring me ice cream?" Timmy put his camera stuff down and we loaded up in the car to head out for ice cream. Max was so excited to get his yummy ice cream.

We are far from saying Max is pottied trained, but I am one proud momma!!!

2 comments: