Monday, November 15, 2010

Turkey cookies for the MDO Feast

Max has his Thanksgiving Feast at school tomorrow and he has signed up to bring cookies. Well if you know me I am not the mommy that will just go out and buy some cookies for him to take. Nope Max and I mixed the cookie dough and created some super cute turkeys if I say so myself. When Max and I bake anything he wants to be a 100% involved in the process. He does not want to just sit back and watch. When Max saw me spread a handful of flour on the counter so wanted to help. He reached into the flour jar and grabbed a big handful of flour. Before I could assist him he had spread flour all over the counter, his jeans and his face. It was so fun watching him. His face was beaming with joy because he was feeling so helpful. Now that the counter is prepped we roll out the dough. Max was working so hard. He was determined to get that dough rolled out perfectly.
Now that the dough is rolled out and ready to go we can get to the fun cookie cutting part.

When he made his first turkey cookie he was so excited. After he cut out the cookie he would pick it up and kiss it. The whole this was sweet and funny all at the same time.
Now that all the turkeys were cut out and ready for the oven it was time to sprinkle them. Max really liked this part. He was going crazy with the shaking!!
Now the turkeys are off to the oven. Its time to clean this little baker!!!
Max was so proud of his creation. When I gave him his turkey cookie he walked around telling all his toys look I made this.
Here are the cookies. Some look like turkeys and others look like leaves because their heads didn't make it to the end of the process.
It is so neat that I can share these kinds of moments with my son. I don't know how long he will want to do all this baking fun with his mommy, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. When he sits on the counter and helps it reminds me of all the memories I have from when I use to bake with my great grandmother. As a kid I loved sharing moments like this and I hope Max looks back and enjoys these times too.

No comments:

Post a Comment