Saturday, October 3, 2009

How to tell if a first date is a good one

How do you know when a first date is a good one???

12 years ago after a varsity football (SGHS vs RHS) Timmy had his friend come up and ask me if I had a date for homecoming. Well I had a date, but I was also interested in knowing who else was wanting to know so I said well not really. When Jeff told me Timmy was the one wanting to know I was really excited. I had talked to him a couple of times and there was just something sooooo sweet and special about him. So I went over and of course poked fun for asking me middle school style. And well that date must of been a good one because 6 years later on October 3, 2003 he asked me to go to the RHS homecoming football game with him. At this time he was the sports photographer for a newspaper in Rowlett and he had to cover the high school games. Well I was a little upset because well I was expecting a super romantic night that would end with me wearing a new ring because after all we had been together for 6 years. Well he picked me up for the game like 20 minutes before it started so we didn't even have time for dinner (if you know us you know we eat dinner by 5 not sure why its just something we have always done). Not only was I spending the evening watching Timmy work I had to eat dinner all by myself. Well we get to the game and he does his thing. The whole time he is working I am just sitting thinking really 6 years and all i get is a football game, so when he tells me he is done I am ready to get home and start a new day. We get to the front of the stadium where the drillteam warms up and he hands me his camera so that he can tie his shoe. So I am standing there looking around and telling him hurry I am ready to go. For some reason I realize it sure is taking him a long time to tie he shoe so I look down to tell him to hurry and thats when I see him. He is on one knee holding a ring and he then asks me "will you marry me?" OOOOOO I am so happy and so feeling bad for getting so mad. Had asked me to marry him in the same exact spot he first asked me out 6 years earlier. And he told me after that the reason why he didn't take me to dinner was because he was so nervous. So I would say our first date was a good one. :)

I love you Timmy. You are the love of my life and I am so thankful for every moment I have with you.

2 comments:

  1. What a neat story!! Glad you shared it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhhhhhhh......so sweet!! love engagement stories!! October must be a popular month to get engaged!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete