Friday, October 2, 2009

Laundry is not creative

Really how much laundry can 2 1/2 people have????



I don't know about you guys, but I have to make house work fun and interactive in order to do it. So I go into a make believe world and take on all kinds of roles. This is something that I have been doing since I was a kid. Yeah I was that little girl that had not just one imaginary friend but a whole gang. And I know many of you do the same thing so don't judge :)

When I am cooking I take on the role of Ms. Paula Deen herself. I talk things out as I am cooking and yes I even fan the smell of the food towards the pretend camera so that my views can smell what I am smelling. Which by the way why do cooks fan the smell to the camera don't they know we do not have smellavision.

When I am sweeping I am a rockstar!!! Yes I dance around and the broom is my microphone. If you ask me I am the next big thing!!!

Then when it is time to vacuum I put on the pretend heels and I enter the dance floor to show off my skills on Dancing with the Stars. I have never actually partner danced in real life, but girls I can kick it with the vacuum :) The said thing is the vacuum is more like to be the Star out of the two of us :(

When I do dishes I take on the role of the poor all alone dish maid. So as I scrub I bust out in song (most of the time I make up the words as I go). The only problem with this is sometimes I get so caught up in the song and acting I forget to actually wash the dishes, so dishes tend to take longer then they should.

Then when it comes to laundry I lose all my creativity :( I just can not get into character. So I am sending out in S.O.S. for creative ways to get through LAUNDRY TIME!!!!

Thanks for listening to my venting and if you ever show up unannounced be prepared to see a different side of Stacey :)

2 comments:

  1. I tried to come up with something and help you out. Then I realized that laundry is evil and will remain evil no matter how you try to sugar coat it! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretend to be Martha Stewart when I fold laundry. She was on her show one day demonstrating how to fold certain things perfectly. So, I kind of make it a game to see how perfectly I can fold as if it were in the store. Then I kinda say to myself.."Mmmm, that looks nice. Good job"
    Of course... not as fun as other chores. Martha is kind of boring. Laundry is the WORST!

    ReplyDelete