Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Loss

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu

Its never easy to lose. Loss hurts and it stinks, but it is a fact of life. My heart ache right now and I know in time that ache will fade and the memory will be a more pleasant thing to feel.

During this time it is easy to get caught up in the what ifs or the should of dones, but I am trying to stay out of that area. God made this path for me and I have to believe that there is a reason for how things turned out.

Dear Dale,

I wish I had known you better and had the kind of relationship a granddaughter has with her grandfather, but we didn't. There really is no one to blame its just how things happened. People's choices really effected our lives, but that is ok. Because of choices that people made I did have you in my life and even though it was a small amount of time I cherish it. From what I know you were a great man and I am sure you would of been a awesome grandfather had we had more time. You will always have a place in my heart and you will not be forgotten. I love you.


Please pray for the Moore family as they deal with the loss of a sweet man.

1 comment: