Thursday, January 7, 2010

On this day, I Thee wed...

O MY GOODNESS I AM GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!!! Was the first thing that popped into my head as I woke up on Jan 7, 2006. I could believe that I woke up as Miss Simms and I will go to sleep as Mrs. Watson.

My mom had already been up for hours trying to stay busy and balling her eyes out. She acted like she was just told about the wedding. You would of never known that we had a 2 year engagement to plan for this big day. But I am sure when I sweet Max is getting ready on his wedding day I will understand (love ya mom). She made me breakfast and then we sat at the dining room table and made the flowers for the wedding. I am such the DIY person I didn't want to pay lots of money for flowers that I could do myself. So we spent an hour or so making all the different flower arrangements and chatting about the events that where about to take place. Again the thought O MY GOODNESS I AM GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!!! popped into my head.

Once the flowers were done my mom, sis and I headed to the hair lady. As the lady was working on my hair my man of honor showed up for the festivities. No he was not getting an up do, but he wanted to be there as support and to poke fun at all my curls. When my sis and I were all prettied up Mike, man of honor, took us to get our make up done. Again he was not apart of the make-up getting done, but he wanted to make sure he was not slacking on the man of honor duties. Plus he was the Starbucks guy!!!

Now that the make-up is on and the hair is curled it is time to head up to the church and get the show on the road!!!

As we pulled up this tingly feeling filled my insides. It was not a nervous or stressed feeling of any kind. The tingly feeling that I had a was feeling of being truly blessed. I could see the plan that God had been trying to show me. All the experiences good and bad were stepping stones to get me to this moment. It was like he put his arm around me and said, "here you go Stacey you have reach prize you have been working for." Even though I didn't always like his path he had for me and I never really knew the exact prize I was working for I am glad I got there.

My mom is such a crier. As we were putting on the dress and the veil her eyes were just full of tears. Even my 13 year old sister was over there just crying her eyes out. Me on the other hand I tend to cry and laugh at the wrong moments so I was not able to join in on the festivities, but it was sweet that our big day meant so much to them.

Now the clock said 7:00 p.m. It was time to line up and pledge my life to Timothy Max Watson for ever. Standing in the hallway I could hear the music start playing and everyone was cutting up and talking about how they are ready to get to the reception and let lose, but all I could do was stand there and THANK GOD FOR BLESSING ME SO MUCH. Again I could not believe this day had really gotten here.

Mike was the last to enter the chapel and the doors closed. The coordinator looked at me and said its time are you ready??? Then my Dad being all mushy and sweet looks down at me and asks "Now are you sure he is worth $10,000.00 because I am sure I can get some of the money back its not to late?" We both laughed and I said I love you too. He then bent down kissed me on the cheek and said "I am proud of you and I know you and Tim will be great together. Yall are a match made in heaven". And boy was he right the LORD had a his signature all over our love.

Just then the doors up, everyone stood up and we started the long walk down the aisle. People were waving an blowing kisses, but my full attention was on the man that stood at the front of the church, my future husband. Once we got to the end of the aisle I stopped and gave my mom a rose and a hug. As I hugged her I whispered I am getting married right now. She just laughed and said I love you to!!! I guess I get my sweet mushiness from my dad. Then my dad walked me up to the man I will spend my life with from this day on.

As we stood there holding hands, looking at each other and listening to Earl (my cousin married us) it was like I was in a daze. During that moment at the front of the church as I pledged my life to Timmy and he pledged his to me I started to cry. The happier I became the more the tears poured out. I could not believe the amount of water that was coming out of my eyes. I started to think I might need to pause and take a water break. Just kidding!!!

After what seemed like forever Earl said those words I dream about hearing since I was a little 'bow head' YOU MAY NOW KISS THE BRIDE!!! At that moment our rule of no big PDA went out the window. Timmy put his arms around me gave me the biggest kiss ever!!!

From that point on I would be Mrs. Timothy Max Watson!!!!

An amazing reception followed at the Shores Country Club. We ate, drank and danced. It was a blast. When it came time to doing the garter my new hubby thought he would be funny. He had gone to Catherine's, the clothing store, earlier that day and bought the largest pair of women's undies that he could find. He then tucked them up his sleeve. When he lifted my dress to get the garter he pulled out the undies. And when he stood up to show off what we thought was the garter everyone laughed their heads off. My sweet hubby he is such a card. Once the laughter stopped he then pulled off the garter to keep with tradition.

After lots of dancing and parting Tim and I headed off to our honeymoon. As we left we were pelted, I mean showered, with rice!!!

That was such an amazing day =)

I want to give out a big thanks to all our family and friends who helped make that day awesome and all the ones who helped make this day possible. There were so many moments over the years that had to happen to lead to this one perfect day and I am so grateful for all of them. Because of all the ups and downs I had to encounter I get to spend my life with the one man made just for me!!! O, I am so blessed. Thank you Lord for making this wonderful man and placing him in my life.

I love you Timmy always and forever!!!

1 comment: