Sunday, January 10, 2010

My son is so advanced!!!

Max is just so advanced that he is going through his terrible twos early!!! My boy is ahead of the game . . . o joy. My little angel has moments when he disappears and this other child appears. Then after a few minutes my the sweet little bundle of joy that I remember bringing home 18 months ago reappears!!! Man I thought I had at least 6 more months before the 'terrible twos' visited our house, but I guess I was wrong.

It all started 1 or 2 months ago when he began whining when he didn't like something. Then the whines turned into crying. Eventually he started throwing himself on the floor while he was crying and kicking his feet. Timmy and I agreed that we would just ignore him and wait for this phase to pass.

Well Max soon learned that throwing himself on the floor was not as effective as he had hoped. So he decided to take a different approach. Now he walks around following us while screaming and crying, When I walk away to cook, clean or just to get away he screams louder and pulls on my leg. We are trying the planned ignore thing, but he is making it a little difficult.

The other day he was walking around the game room crying as I was cleaning. Well he was looking up at me throwing his fit so he did not see the riding rocket. He ended up flipping over it and bumping his head on the floor. When I went over to check on him and help him up he just looked me with this look that said 'why did you let this happen?'

OOOOO my heart just crumbled. I know I didn't cause him to fall and kids bump things all the time, but at that moment I wanted to just cry with him. Man these 'terrible twos' are going to cause all of us tears before its over with.

- - - Being a mom means learning the 'terrible twos' is a false advertising. This condition lasts longer than a couple of years!!!
(1001 Things It Means To Be A Mom)


No comments:

Post a Comment