Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The night before the BIG day!!!

So 4 years ago today I was decorating the church for our big day!!! This was such a great day!!! My mom, sister and man of honor (yes I said man of honor, mike and I have been best of pals since middle school) were putting up decorations and going over the final check list to make sure we did not forget anything!!! We had a blast playing, laughing and talking about the amazing day that was to come!!! Once we had finished we went to lunch and the mom and I went shopping for a cute rehearsal outfit!!! Everytime we went to a store my mom would say next time you shop here you will be a wife. And as corny as it was I giggled every time.

Then it was time to meet everyone at the church for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner!!! Had this day really come??? Was I really about to attend my own wedding rehearsal??? These were the questions that popped into my head as I entered the doors of the church. Once everyone arrived the practicing started. I just stood there in the back of the church watching my family and friends rehearse for one of the biggest days of my life. As I stood there watching everyone talking about music and places to stand all I could think about is this time tomorrow I will be Timmy's wife. There was not a nervous feeling to be found in me. The butterflies and fuzzy feelings were joy, happiness and love. I could not believe that I was just one day away from marrying the man God created for me!!!

Once the rehearsing was complete we headed to the gym for the rehearsal dinner catered my our favorite place HOOTERS!!! (yeah you read it correct) I loved eating and chatting with everyone. And it was cool to hear from the parents about how happy they were and all the dreams they had for us. We are very blessed to have such amazing families and friends.

Then it was time to head off to the bachelorette party!!! I know some people say that is not a good idea to do it the night before, but it worked for me. Mike, the man of honor, took me to Pete's Piano Bar and well I had lots to drink. At some point I ended up on the stage dancing like a rockstar groupie (sp???) So after a couple of hours, 2 beers and 1 shot of taguila it was time for me to go home!!! Once I was some my brothers got a kick out of seeing a side of they never thought they would see. I still hear about some of the funny things I said that night.

Well after some giggles and 2 advils I was fast asleep. And all I could think about as I was getting into bed was next time I go to sleep I will be Timmy's wife!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment